Thursday August 20, 2015 – The Standard Group has fired more than 90 writers and columnists in another rebuilding arrangement that will see the goliath media house attempt to restore its previous radiance.
Standard Group, which is presently a sad remnant of its previous self, has been experiencing a money related turmoil and a number of its representatives are going for a considerable length of time without pay.
Presently, the Moi family controlled media domain is in chats with a noteworthy bank to attempt to protect them with a Sh 100 million overdraft to provide for operation costs.
As indicated by a senior chief at the media house, more than 90 columnists will lose their occupations in the following 3 months so as to chop down its repetitive expenses.
Here are a portion of the names of columnists who will be kicked to the curb.
- Mwanaisha Chidzuga
2. Pauline Kiraithe
3. Geoffrey Mosoku
4. Nyambega Gisesa
5. Carol Rwenji
6. Joel Odidi
7. Joe Kiarie
8. Kiundu Waweru
9. Peter Orengo
10. Gammz cartoonist
11. Dann Okoth
12. Chris Musumba
13. Tabitha Otwori
14. Andrew Kilonzi
15. Nancy Akinyi
16. Joshua Kemboi
- Julius Maina –ME, Special projects
- Peter Okong’o (deputy ME, daily – contract not renewed)
- Dorcas Muga (deputy ME, weekend)
- Juma Kwayera –writer, Saturday
- Oscar Obonyo – writer, Sunday
- Stephen Makabila -writer, Sunday
- Kwamboka Oyaro –features editor
- Joshua Kemboi- KTN sports editor
- George Mulala – Standard photo editor
- Peter Choge -sub-editor, Saturday Standard
- Grace Tunya
- Sarah kinya – TV producer